The MotionXcellence Sports Performance Lab utilizes the latest computerized motion capture technology. Our Vicon T-Series motion capture system is the most advanced on the East Coast, and, in fact, one of the best in the world!
Breaking your mechanics down into 120 slices per second, over 4 times the quality of any other motion camera system, we can accurately track the fastest movements and most subtle details. The images are crystal clear, full frame, and of the highest quality. Every detail of your activity is recorded for analysis by our experts, and is used to improve your function.
Whether you are a competitive or recreational athlete, or cope with factors such as amputation, a prosthetic limb, or cerebral palsy, MotionXcellence can help perfect your form and function.
How it Works
An analysis within the MotionXcellence Sports Performance Lab typically takes between 45 and 60 minutes. Reflective markers are strategically placed on key body landmarks. Then, it is up to you. You'll run, swing or throw while the specialized high-speed cameras capture your movements. The cameras and computer system will precisely measure your mechanics and detailed body movements, including joint angles and power delivery. We reconstruct this information into a graphic report providing objective measures of your current abilities, allowing for detailed analysis of form and strategies for improvement or reducing the risk of injury. Learn more about our variety of analysis options.
Here's what to expect when you arrive:
- Dress in (or change into) a form-fitting shirt and shorts.
- Anthropometric data - including height, weight, leg length, and joint widths
- Reflective markers are placed at specific anatomic locations, relative to the motion being captured.
- A static trial data capture is conducted while you stand motionless with arms extended out to the sides.
- Next, the dynamic data capture is conducted. You will perform a minimum of 5 motion capture trials, while the cameras stream marker data straight to the real-time engine calculating the 3D positions of the markers and
also the underlying biomechanics.
- The results of a study are processed and you will plan on visiting the Lab again to obtain your results within 1 week of the motion capture.
- Interpretations of graphs showing kinematic and non-kinematic data are compared to normalized trials. Reports generated point to objective measures of the subjects' true abilities, underlying cause of injury, and identification of preventative measures. Motion Specialists then use this information to make a detailed analysis of form and recommendations to improve performance and / or reduce risk of injury.
To schedule an analysis within the MotionXcellence Sports Performance Lab, contact us
or call 732-295-1778